This Czechoslovakian Cabbage Soup Recipe is nutritious and delicious
8 cups of cabbage - chopped
2 cans of tomatoes
2 teaspoons of salt
3/4 teaspoon of tabasco
1/4 cup of parsley - chopped
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 can of sauerkraut
2 pound of beef bones (soup-type)
1 cup of onion – finely chopped
3 carrots - chopped
2 cloves of garlic – minced
1 bay leaf
2 pounds of short ribs (beef)
1 tablespoon of leaf thyme (dried)
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
8 cups of water
1. Put the onion, carrots, bay leaf, garlic and beef bones into a roasting dish. Next, place the beef short ribs in the pan and scatter paprika and thyme on the beef short ribs.
2. Place the roasting dish into the oven and cook at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Once cooked, take the meat and vegetables and place in a large pot.
3. Add cabbage, tomatoes, water, tobasco and salt to the pot and bring to a boil. Then, cook on simmer 1.5 hours. Take fat off the top and discard.
4. Next, add the sugar, sauerkraut, parsley, and lemon juice.
5. Cook all ingredients in same pot for 1 hour. Remove the short ribs and bones from the pot. Remove all meat from the bones.
6. Slice the meat into pieces and place in return kettle. Cook for an additional 7 minutes.