Try these flavorsome Czechoslovakian Cookies at your next tea party
1 cup of butter
1 teaspoons of vanilla
1/8 teaspoon of cardamom
1/4 teaspoon of allspice
1 cup of sugar
2 egg yolks
2 cups of flour
1 cup of finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup of strawberry jam
1. Take the 1 cup of butter and cream until completely softened.
2. Add sugar to the bowl of creamed butter and whip up until light and fluffy. Then, add vanilla and egg yolks; beat well. Add flour, allspice and cardamom; to the butter mixture, mixing all ingredients thoroughly. Stir in finely chopped pecans.
3. Take half of the dough and spoon into a greased 8 inch baking pan; spread evenly and top with strawberry jam. Cover with remaining dough.
4. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
5. Once cooled, cut into 1 inch squares.